Shanghai Government Scholarship
DHU has been appointed to accept international students with Shanghai Government Scholarship from 2006. Each year, DHU accepts about 40 Shanghai Government Scholarship students from all over the world to pursue undergraduate (bachelor’s) or postgraduate (master’s or doctoral) degrees.
More details, please refer to:
Postgraduate Programs Prospectus (updated in Jan. 2019)
Undergraduate Programs Prospectus (updated in Jan. 2019)
1. Applicable Programs:
(1) Chinese-taught Bachelor’s Programs (except B.A. in Chinese Language)
(2) Master’s degree programs except International Business (MIB)
(3) Doctoral degree programs
2. Scholarship Coverage:
——Full Scholarship (Type A):
(1) a waiver of tuition fee
(2) free on-campus dormitory accommodation
(3) monthly stipend (bachelor’s programs: 2500; master’s programs: CNY 3000; doctoral programs: CNY3500)
(4) Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China
——Partial Scholarship (Type B):
(1) a waiver of tuition fee
(2) Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China
3. Schooling & Duration:
(1) Bachelor’s degree programs: 4 years (might be extended for 1-year Chinese language study).
(2) Master’s degree programs: 2.5-3 years (might be extended for 1-year Chinese language study)
(3) Doctoral degree programs: 4 years (might be extended for 1-year Chinese language study)
The actual scholarship duration is subject to the information on Admission Notice, which cannot be extended in general.
4. Applicant Eligibility：
(1) Be a non-Chinese citizen in good health.
(2) Be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs.
(3) Be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs.
(4) Be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when apply for bachelor’s programs
(5) Be excellent in academic and extra-curricular performance and yet not be rewarded any other scholarships offered by government, institutes or organizations in China.
5. Application Deadline: March. 31 (fall intake only)
6. How to apply: apply directly to DHU:
(1) Check first if DHU offers the academic program you plan to learn as well as whether it is covered by SGS scholarships or not.
(2) Before apply to DHU, one can complete SGS online application at study.shmec.gov.cn in order to save your information in the scholarships application database.
(3) Then, complete the following steps to accomplish your application to DHU: 1). Fill DHU’s online application at admissions.dhu.edu.cn , 2). Submit the hard copies of the complete application materials required, and 3). Pay the application fee.
For more information: english.dhu.edu.cn/_t276/scholarships/sgs/list.htm